1.4
Turnaround Time

Let me start by saying I have had 2 bad experiences with this company!!! My first was in 2008 when I purchased a 24 x 31 A frame building! After fighting with them to get it put in an many phone calls they finally sent a crew to install it. This building was to be installed at my vacation property 3 hrs from my home. The morning they were to install it I get a phone call that they were there and wanted to know where it was to be installed! I told them I was at the site and they were not there! Turns out they went to my home or billing address! They then said they screwed up and would be a the correct site in 3 hrs.

They finally showed up at the correct address and started to install. As I was watching I seen there was an issue! They did not bring half of the trim with them. They had to run back to the warehouse that night to get the rest of the materials. They came back the next day to finish installing and there generator would not run! As there was no electric at the site! This was known by TNT when the order was placed! So they could not finish the building! Arrangements were then made to come back the following weekend to finish! This is just a brief summery of that experience goes even deeper.

On October of 2015 I ordered a addition to the original building of 24 x 31. I was told 4-6 weeks to install. After 6 weeks of hearing nothing I started the phone calls. This is where it starts. After many phone calls and hearing the excuses when they would call back about why they were not there yet. I finally put a hold on the building in January do to bad weather in northeast pa.

On May 16 2016 I contacted them to install the building. I was told 2 weeks. 2 weeks later I called again. Same story 2 weeks there working on it. 2 weeks later I call again. Find out scheduler no longer works there. 2 more weeks same story. To shorten this because it's the same again and again.

To bring this to I final I finally went up the ladder. Called and left numerous messages with the scheduling manager and got one return call that he Pa scheduler is working on it. Calls continue and new schedulers more calls to Stephanie the scheduling manager not getting anywhere. 2 more weeks! Standard reply from all schedulers! Sure there trained for that! Fianally got them to put me thru to someone higher! I thought! That extension goes to a general mailbox! Never did hear anything back! Now we are know at the end of July with nothing!

Finally blocked my caller ID and Stephanie answered. First she denied knowing anything about it and I needed to talk to the Pa scheduler Niki! I left her know I just talked to Niki the Pa scheduler and she told me she talked to you Stephinie that morning! So I asked who is lying to me! All of a sudden her memory came back! Imagine that (Lier). With this by the end of the week we have a build date! 08-08/09-2016 as I am told it will take 1 1/2 days to install.

Friday 08-05-16 I get a confirmation call. After I called to confirm. I was told they will be here 08-09-16 to install and it will take 1 day. I questioned the 1 day install and they said yes 1 day. My concern is I had to be there since I live 3 hrs away I needed to *** work to there? So I planned taking off just Tuesday and driving there Monday night! At noon on Monday I get a call and they tell me the crew will be there in about a half hor. I left them know that the property is gated and they would have no access to electric until I would be there and I need to be there for the install. They told me they would leave the crew know.

I drove up Monday nite to arrive ta 9:99 PM to find the crews trailer there and the building structure already up. They had a generated with them for electric. As I looked at the structure the overhead door was not in the correct place. It was in the end and was to be in the side. Note this was also confirmed but me when ordered and a drawing supplied by TNT to verify this. The crew showed up the next morning. I confronted them on this. They said they were not given a drawing so they put it in the end which is standard.

I told them this is how it must be. I was told they did not have a header to do that. After some back and fourth it was decided they they had enough materials to make one but no welder. Fortunately I had a welder and had to weld it together for them. As I had also ordered 4 additional uprights with my order that had to be used to correct this issue.

The rest of the day went pretty well. Now it's time to install the 10 X 10 overhead garage door. As they start I see there is an issue! They do not have the correct install kit for the door. After some back and fourth they called Stephanie and I was assured someone would be there to install it in 2 weeks (standard response again! Should have known). I paid the bill in full as they insisted. Wrong thing to do! But I try to trust people.

So here we go again! 8 phone calls and 4 weeks later I get tired of hearing they have no crews in the area we are working on it etc. so I told them to send me the kit and I will install it. Since they left the door and side tracks I figured this would just get it done. We are know in mid September.

I received the kit and it did not look right but was told it was. That weekend I went up to find my hunch was right. Monday I called Niki and left her know. She said she would check. I asked here if they changed manufactures and the door I have is new old stock. She did not know. Niki called me back and told me she needs the name on the door. Got that the following weekend. Called Niki and left message of name on door (DBCI) Monday. Made multiple calls in the couple days! No calls returned. Still have never heard back from TNT today yet! 11-10-16 to fix this problem and make it right!

My only resolve was to contact DBCI and order the kit from them. Another $55.00 spent. Out of my pocket? And I installed it myself.

Also keep in mind this building had a cost of $8,752.15. So we are not talking a couple hundred dollar car port.

I will never use them again nore wil I recommend this lamb company to anyone. Stay away from these losers!!!!!!!!!!

Scheduling manager Stephanie big problem. It's easy to see this with a turn over of 8 schedulers I worked with just 10 months. I am sure it goes deeper but schedulers must be constantly yelled at. No wonder they leave!

Brian

New Albany, Pa

This person wrote the review because of bad quality of tnt carports installation from Tnt Carports. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $300 and wants Tnt Carports to offer any options to resolve the issue.

The most disappointing in user's experience was never work with them again. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Tnt Carports for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Tnt Carports?

Comments